Friday 7 January 2011

my first sewing book via post


Well it has finally arrived my book and I have had a look at it over 3 cups of tea, I had a lovely teapot off my friend as a Christmas present, so a tea cosy will have to be a future project now. Anyway my book, I like the way it is clear and the step by step instructions are also good, it has covered different sections that is useful like the fabric, explains about the different types of fabrics you can use for your project. also helps you to consider the weight of your fabric and how it affects it suitability for the project and after care that may be required, didn't realise how many different types of fabric there is. Gives you a good idea also what tools is needed to do the different projects and materials needed. Also teaches you how to make a variety of curtains, blinds, bed and table linen and decorative details such as trimmings, fills, pin tucks etc. Will definitely be useful as a reference book in my bookcase :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment