Monday 3 January 2011

my first project

This was my first ever sewing machine project. I found a leaflet in Hobbycraft and thought that I could do that. It said it was for beginners and would take about an hour. It took me two hours. Found the measuring a bit complicated as I wanted an equal square and lines but with patience I got there.
It is sitting on my beanbag in the living room. The kids love it, and I am proud of my first project. The hand sewn bit looks dodgy, and my mum moaned at me as I used white thread and not blue, I didn't realise the thread had to match the fabric. Just shows that I am a complete beginner who just learning a new skill, bit like learning a language the more you read and practice the more advanced you become.

Here is the link to the cushion pattern, I changed the gingham to plain blue as it was my personal preference http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/Pages/Ideas/Idea.aspx?id=1258

3 comments:

  1. So you should be proud too .......... it looks lovely and you have learnt so much from that one cushion. Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love the ric-rac :) I might have to try making a cushion now :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cushion is fabulous. Love it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete